Beginner's guide to trading on etsy
Trading on etsy is easy and fun! Here are some simple steps:
- Be familiar with Etsy's policies. Read http://www.etsy.com/help/article/295 about trading on etsy - basically it states that all normal etsy fees apply, and no seller is obligated to participate in trading, and arrangements should be made through the convo system for any trade.
- When you find a shop you'd like to trade with, send them a convo with what items you're interested in and what you'd be willing to trade for it.
- Wait for a response. It's okay for them to say no, we all get a little traded out sometimes.
- If someone approaches you for a trade, it's polite to reply with a timely response. It's okay to say no, but it's not very nice to just string them along or ignore the request.
- "Purchase" your items from each other's shops, using the "other" method of payment. This is not activated by default, you need to turn it on for your shop from the Payment Methods tab under Shop settings > Info & Appearance > Shipping & Payment.
- After transactions are complete both traders ship at the same time.
- When you receive your item, leave feedback. Do not indicate in the feedback that the item was a trade, there's no reason to do that, trades are a form of payment like anything else.
And that's it! Both parties get shiney new items, positive feedback and a sale. Everyone is happy!
About this website
EtsyTrades.com randomly pulls items listed by yay for trades team members on a regular basis for you to search for. We also let people sign up and list 25 items from their shops. Anything older than 30 days old is deleted to make room for fresher stuff!
For issues or questions about this website, contact spacefem or the yay for trades team.
Link to us
Once you've signed up to trade, you'll have your own page here to link to. It will be at:
Check back frequently for new interested traders and similarly priced items!
If you have a blog or other webpage you can link to your page with any of these icons. Just right-click to save them and upload them to your blog:
all items & photos shown are owned by their artists | This service is intended to augment the service provided by etsy.com and is not affiliated with Etsy, Inc.
website by spacefem & yay for trades team.
powered by etsy api